It’s nearly that amazing time of year again in Vancouver…
The Cherry Blossoms are in bloom, the weather begins to warm, the Turf Team is back in action, and you can finally use that outdoor living space again!
We have helped alot of people in Vancouver to get their yards ready for spring, so we thought it might be helpful to share some simple best practices getting your yard glowing before your first big outdoor gathering:
1. Pressure Washing –> make everything look brand new again! Your patio, deck, concrete, shed, etc. have likely accumulated a layer of dirt and grime over the fall/winter, but this can be easily removed with a simple pressure wash. If you’re looking for a reputable local company to do this, we recommend Shack Shine or Green Grads
2. Garden and Planter Box Clean-Up –> it makes a big difference when you clear away the dead growth of plants and spruce up the garden with some fresh soil or mulch and maybe even plant some new annuals for colour! Here is a great video on how to do this. If you need some help with a landscape cleanup, our friends at Yard Ventures or Spruce Garden has you covered! (call early, all landscape companies tend to get really busy around now!) If it’s a larger planting project, we can definitely help you out, we just don’t have the bandwidth for garden maintenance!
3. Bring out the Patio Furniture –> if your patio is not covered, you may want to keep the furniture cushions stored in a dry place for now, but it’s a great time of year to give everything a quick wipe down and put into position. Outdoor entertaining season is just around the corner! Did you know, we also build pergolas, patios, landscape lighting and full outdoor living spaces?
4. Get the BBQ ready –> trust me on this one, clean out your Barbeque now, and don’t wait until you invite people, only to discover it’s full of mold and mildew. Home Hardware has everything you need to get your BBQ back in commission and here is a video on how do it.
5. Artificial Grass Cleaning –> your turf is like an outdoor carpet that collects dirt, debris, hair, etc. over time. At the very least, you could rent a powerbroom for the day and spray some Turf Renu to give it a surface-level clean. We also offer a deep cleaning service that sanitizes the grass and leaves it sparkling like it’s brand new again!
To learn more about our turf cleaning and putting green maintenance services, click here.
I hope this has been helpful, and if you have questions just let us know!
-Turf Team 🙂