Jobs At turf team
Artificial Turf Installer and Crew Chief
Looking to work outdoors in the sun this summer?
Turf Team Landscaping is a young company based in Dunbar/ Kerrisdale. We specialize in creating low maintenance yards for our clients while delivering outstanding customer service. We take pride in our work and don’t settle for low quality landscaping. To do so we compensate employees for great work and have plenty of resources available to ensure that.
The role posted is for an artificial turf technician. Artificial turf technicians contribute towards completing artificial turf installations as well as other landscaping projects. This includes moving very heavy objects, laying and carefully cutting turf, nailing, woodworking, planting & picking up supplies. Our area of operations are all of greater Vancouver and we expect each employee to be able to commute to different sites each day. Compensation for drive time is included for this position & we can sometimes arrange pick ups for sites that are far away. Turf Team is also in search of a crew leader, candidates that demonstrate a high level of skill, leadership and responsibility can move up within the ranks quickly and get paid upwards of $28/hr. As our company expands, we will be opening new roles like: sales person, production manager etc. Any existing employees who are qualified will be able to take on these additional duties.
Turf Team will be hosting several staff events this summer like:
- Self-development sessions
Required for this role:
- Able to lift heavy objects (up to 100 lbs)
- Ability to maintain a professional image for the company (dressing and acting appropriately, showing up on time and ready to work, showing high levels of respect to clients as well as team.)
- Willingness to learn and do an outstanding job. (Low tolerance for “know it all” attitudes)
- Ability to operate power tools
- Valid BC drivers license with clean abstract is a plus
- Previous landscaping or trades experience/knowledge is a plus
- Safety oriented
- Attention to details (We love to go above and beyond with our clients, if you see anything that can be done that will make their project better, do it.)
- Problem solver ( Not every project goes as planned, being able to adapt and overcome challenges is a big part of this role)
If you’re interested fulfilling this position please contact us through one of these methods:
Please include a resume with a cover letter answering the following questions (If you’re calling please have answers ready for these questions) :
- Why do you want to work with Turf Team?
- What about yourself makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
- What do you wish to get out of this position if salary wasn’t a factor? (please answer this thoughtfully and honestly. Do you want to improve your landscaping skills? Do you want to progress upwards within the company? etc.)
- Tell us about yourself (hobbies etc.)
- Add anything else you may want to include
- Disability insurance
- Company events & social hours
- Profit sharing/share options
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
Experience: Landscaping or Trades: 1 year (Required)
Education: Secondary School (Preferred)
Location: Vancouver, BC