Jobs At turf team
“This job really exercises the body and the mind, as each project presents an exciting new challenge. And it’s nice to work with a company that is growing quickly, because it provides more opportunity to advance and learn new skills” -Thomas C.
We are currently hiring for:
Artificial Turf Installers and Crew Chief
If you enjoy spending summers outdoors and the satisfaction of transforming people’s yard, you have come to the right place!
We specialize in creating low maintenance yards for high-end clients, while delivering an outstanding customer service experience. We take great pride in our craftsmanship and don’t settle for any less than the best. To do so we compensate our team well for their exceptional work and provide the resources and guidance to ensure success.
We are currently looking to expand the team by hiring artificial turf technicians. Turf technicians contribute towards completing artificial turf installations at every step, as well as other landscaping projects. At times, this includes intense physical labor, and other times, it might be carefully cutting turf with the utmost precision. In addition, we often build other components of the landscape such as garden beds, paving stones and anything else that might bring tremendous value to the yard.
We service are the greater Vancouver area and expect each team member to coordinate their own transportation to the site each day. Compensation for gas is included for this position & we can sometimes arrange pick ups for sites that are far away.
Turf Team is also in search of a crew chief to lead their own team. Relevant experience is required and candidates must demonstrate a high level of skill, leadership and responsibility. Anyone with the right attitude can advance up the ranks quickly and get paid upwards of $28/hr plus bonuses. As our company expands this season, we will be opening new roles like: sales person, production manager etc. Any existing employees who are qualified will be able to take on these additional duties.
Turf Team will be hosting several staff events this summer like:
- Post-project Barbecues
- Spikeball Games
- Golf tournament
- Self-development sessions
Required for this role:
- Able to lift heavy objects (up to 50+ lbs)
- Ability to maintain a professional image for the company (dressing and acting appropriately, showing up on time and ready to work, showing high levels of respect to clients as well as team.)
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve. (Zero tolerance for “know it all” attitudes)
- Ability to operate power tools and machinery
- Valid BC drivers license with clean abstract is a plus
- Previous landscaping or trades experience/knowledge is a plus
- Safety oriented
- Attention to details (We love to go above and beyond with our clients, if you see anything that can be done that will make their project better, do it.)
- Problem solver ( Not every project goes as planned, being able to adapt and overcome challenges is a big part of this role)
Ideal Characteristics we Look For:
- Problem solver: This is not an asset, it’s an expectation. You will face new challenges every single day, and your success depends on your ability to think and solve problems.
- Creative: Always thinking of new and better ways to do things and never be afraid to share your ideas with the group. Always be thinking of new ways you can add value.
- Energetic: High endurance and positive attitude even on the most challenging days. You recognize that your energy level affects the entire team!
- Flexible: Given the nature of this industry, we ask that you are flexible with our schedule, and in return we are flexible with yours. Things happen that are outside our control, but there is always a way to make up for it!
- Passionate: Serious about your craftsmanship, always paying attention to the smallest details and always going the extra mile to deliver a great product and service to our client. You enjoy the satisfaction of completely transforming a yard and seeing the smile that you put on the client’s face.
- Autonomous: We never want to see our people standing around like robots waiting for a command. If you see something that needs to be done, do it! Every project is like a chess game, where you need to be thinking 10 steps ahead, anticipating what’s next and preventing potential bottlenecks. At times, you will need to improvise on your own.
If you’re interested in pursuing this position please contact us through one of these methods:
Please include a resume with a cover letter answering the following questions (If you’re calling please have answers ready for these questions) :
- Why do you want to work with Turf Team?
- What about yourself makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
- What do you wish to get out of this position if salary wasn’t a factor? (please answer this thoughtfully and honestly. Do you want to elevate your landscaping skills? Do you want to progress upwards within the company? etc.)
- Tell us about yourself (hobbies, skills, experience, etc.)
- Add anything else that could add value to the team (connections, resources, ideas, etc.)
- Disability insurance/Workers compensation
- Company events & social hours
- Profit sharing/share options
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour + Performance-Based Incentives
Experience: Landscaping or Trades: 1 year (Required)
Education: Secondary School (Minimum)
Location: Vancouver, BC