NOW HIRING FOR THE 2023 SEASON!
POSITIONS STARTING IN MARCH
WANTED: TURF TECHNICIANS, DRIVERS & CREW CHIEFS
“This job really exercises the body and the mind, as each project presents an exciting new challenge. And it’s nice to work with a company that is growing quickly, because it provides more opportunity to advance and learn new skills” –Thomas Costin
Ready for a more rewarding job that gives you the freedom and pay that you deserve?
Turf team is on the hunt for our next crew of “A-Players”
If someone were to offer you a job working on the nicest homes in Vancouver, while getting paid to exercise under the sunshine, would you be interested? If so, you have come to the right place!
Here are just a few of the things we value here at Turf Team, and if these values resonate with you, we invite you to apply!
- We love working outdoors while basking in the sunshine >>> the 9 to 5 office job never seemed appealing to us
- We give more than is expected of us >>> going above and beyond the call of duty to deliver a world-class experience every time
- We constantly seek ways to improve >>> this applies to everything we do, at home, at work and beyond
- We work smarter not harder >>> using our mind first, and body second
This entire page is all about you, but in case you’re new to the team, we specialize in creating low maintenance landscapes for high-end clients. Our entire company was built around the idea that we’re in this for the long-run (meaning, we take no shortcuts and build each project and relationship to last a lifetime). In order to do this we charge more than the average contractor, so that we can install the finest materials and compensate our team well for their exceptional craftsmanship and customer service.
Okay this all sounds great, but how much does it pay?
Perhaps the biggest advantage to working with Turf Team is that you have control over your income. Everything we do is performance based, and there is truly no limit on your earning potential. In our training program; Turf Team Academy, we will walk you through the process of getting from level 1 to level 5. Each time you “level up”, you will take on new responsibilities, and receive an automatic raise in pay. Typically, a Turf Technician will earn an average of $20/hour, while a more experienced crew leader can earn upwards of $28/hour plus performance bonuses. When hiring, the right attitude is most important, and skills come secondary (we can teach you the skills if you have a winning attitude)
Turf Team will be hosting several staff events this summer like:
- Post-project Barbecues
- Spikeball Games at the beach
- Golf tournament
- Self-development sessions
Required for this role:
- Able to lift heavy objects (up to 50+ lbs)
- Ability to maintain a professional image for the company (being an ambassador of our brand, both on and off the jobsite)
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve. (Zero tolerance for “know it all” attitudes)
- Ability to operate power tools and machinery
- Valid BC drivers license with clean abstract is a plus
- Previous landscaping or trades experience/knowledge is a plus
- Safety oriented
- Attention to details (Having an eye for aesthetics and being meticulous as a craftsman)
Ideal Characteristics we Look For:
- Problem solver: This is not an asset, it’s an expectation. You will face new challenges every single day, and your success depends on your ability to think and solve problems.
- Creative: Always thinking of new and better ways to do things and never be afraid to share your ideas with the group. Always be thinking of new ways you can add value.
- Energetic: High endurance and positive attitude even on the most challenging days. You recognize that your energy level affects the entire team!
- Flexible: Given the nature of this industry, we ask that you are flexible with our schedule, and in return we are flexible with yours. Things happen that are outside our control, but there is always a way to make up for it!
- Passionate: Serious about your craftsmanship, always paying attention to the smallest details and always going the extra mile to deliver a great product and service to our client. You enjoy the satisfaction of completely transforming a yard and seeing the smile that you put on the client’s face.
- Autonomous: We never want to see our people standing around like robots waiting for a command. If you see something that needs to be done, do it! Every project is like a chess game, where you need to be thinking 10 steps ahead, anticipating what’s next and preventing potential bottlenecks. At times, you will need to improvise on your own.
If you’re interested in pursuing this opportunity, please contact us through one of these methods:
Please include your resume with a cover letter answering the following questions (If you’re calling please have answers ready for these questions) :
- What inspired you to apply with Turf Team?
- What position are you most interested in?
- What makes you an ideal candidate for this position?
- What do you wish to get out of this position if salary wasn’t a factor? (please answer this thoughtfully and honestly. Do you want to elevate your landscaping skills? Have more freedom? Do you want to progress upwards within the company? etc.)
- Tell us about any relevant skills and experience that you bring to the team
- Add anything else that could add value to the team (connections, resources, ideas, etc.)
- Disability insurance/Workers compensation
- Flexibility with hours and days off
- Company events & social hours
- Gas Reimbursement
- No ceiling on your income!
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $40.00 /hour + Performance-Based Incentives
Experience: Landscaping or Trades: 1 year (Required)
Education: Secondary School (Minimum)
Location: Vancouver, BC