Q: What exactly makes a Turf Team green different, and why should I pay more for it?
A: As with most things in life, you get what you pay for! In the context of a backyard golf green, there are plenty of cheaper options out there from contractors that are capable of installing their version of a green. There are plenty of cars available for sale that will get you from A to B under $5K, but for those who demand more out of life, the performance (and price point) of a Ferrari is in a league of its own. It’s not just what you see on the surface, it’s more about what’s “under the hood” and the tens of thousands of hours spent perfecting the craft…
What qualifies us to build the “Ferrari” of backyard golf greens?
- Founder and lead green designer, Jackson Thornley is currently a +1.5 handicap, competed on the UBC Golf Team, qualified for a US Amateur and tied a course record round of 62 at Marine Drive Golf Club. Needless to say, he knows his way around a golf course, and knows exactly how to optimize the performance of your green.
- After completing over 100 greens locally, we have refined our process, tools, technique and trade secrets that have led us to the most realistic putting greens available.
- We have received special technical training from the lead installer who has worked on the Greens of Tiger Woods, Mark O’Meara, Jon Rahm, and many others.
- We have the exclusive rights to US-made “NP50” putting turf, which has a special kind of cross-stitching and holds chip shots exactly like a real green (this design prevents the ball from “wobbling” as it loses speed, and allows you to get realistic spin on your chip shots, without the ball rolling off each time)
- The back-end: we are not in the business of installing greens, taking money and disappearing… we build on-going business relationships with each client that last as long as their greens (a lifetime!). After the job is complete, we provide you with games and drills to try on the green, a free maintenance guide and we offer once/year maintenance services as well. As a bonus, Jackson will even throw in a free putting lesson!
Interested in learning more or getting a quote for your own green? Click Here to contact Jackson and the team